Wednesday, August 1, 2012

"Come Alive"

"Don't ask yourself what the world needs ; ask yourself what makes you come alive.
And then go and do that.
Because what the world needs is people who have come alive. "
Howard Thurman

Today is the day !
I work too much. I waste too much time. I squander minutes worrying about things that are not going to happen. Did I mention that I work too much ? I fret about what I wish I was doing.
That ends today. I am taking the steps to start a journey of my choosing. No one is going to do it for me. It is up to me ... and I say "Hell Yeah !"
Today I will begin to work hard in the hours I have for work - and then stop. Work will not creep into my evenings and take root in my weekends. It will not wake me in the night & say "I want to talk". If it does I will not answer.
Today I will start trying not to worry about things that will not or have not happened. Wasted minutes. I will worry when I need to - not before.
I will try not to waste time . I don't consider reading, cuddling cats, watching the tides, or wandering in my mind to be wasting time. Wasting time is when I use up time that could have been spent making myself or those I love happy or satisfied. Use it up fretting, running around doing nothing, staring at a computer long after it has ceased to be interesting, thinking up ways to avoid going somewhere or doing something- that's wasting time. I will not fret. I will do things with purpose. I will surf for a reason & for pleasure - not to simply pass time. I will simply say "No, but thank you".
I will cherish my minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, and years and spend them wisely.
I will embrace my dreams and take the first step to make them real. No more I wish.
I WILL.

No comments:

Post a Comment